Here's the second batch of Interesting Links for the month of May.
Things concerning Linux:
- Tails 0.18 released with more persistence related additions.
- Debian GNU/Hurd 2013 released. Did you know that the kernel is named GNU Mach while Hurd refers to a collection of servers that run atop the Mach kernel? I used to think that Hurd was the kernel ...
- Ubuntu planning a new package format, initially for the Ubuntu Phone and Tablet.
- Tired of long freeze periods for Debian? Who isn't? Well, these guys have a proposal to fix that.
- Here's why I feel that systemd is overkill.
Internet and Browsers:
- Firefox 21 released with more useless additions to Do Not Track (DNT). An interesting addition is the Firefox Health Report feature. Hopefully, it won't have a negative effect on Firefox's performance because of the constant collection of data.