Linux / FOSS:
- Elementary OS "Luna" was released earlier this month. Elementary OS is an aesthetically pleasing derivative of Ubuntu, with a focus on a uniform look and feel. Seems Linux Mint has got competition ;)
- Debian celebrated its 20th birthday.
- An excellent interview with Ubuntu Founder — Mark Shuttleworth, which offers an insight into the motivation behind funding Ubuntu, and his vision for the future.
- Vim 7.4 was released. It is the first stable version of Vim to come out in 3 years, after Vim 7.3 was released in 2010.
- Lavabit — a popular email service among privacy advocates — was shut down by its founder Ladar Levison, in retaliation to unjust interferance by the USA government.
- In case you haven't heard about this already — those who don't have a Facebook profile, might still have one!! This article explains, how Facebook creates shadow profiles of the people who don't have a Facebook account. The *best* part is that you cannot do anything about it...
- Bootstrap v3 was released, and it is a big change from the v2 series.
- Have trouble customizing your Bash prompt, i.e., PS1? You can use this service to generate cool prompts.
- You have probably heard about "Let me Google that for you" <http://lmgtfy.com/>. You can see in realtime, the text people are entering there, using live.lmgtfy.
- GitHub has started generating Identicons for anyone without a profile picture.