So, while I had dropped the idea of posting Interesting Links for some reasons, heavy reader demand (read: 1 reader :P) forced me to be back with this post type. From now on, I'll try to post these monthly or bi-monthly, depending upon feasibility.
Also, a very happy new year!
So here's my first post for 2014.
Linux / FOSS:
- Multiprocess feature coming to Firefox soon.
- ownCloud 6 brings collaborative ODF editing along with other new features.
- WordPress 3.8 was released, and it brought with itself a great new design for the dashboard, better support for different device types, a new default theme and much more.
- A new point release of Debian 7, i.e., 7.3, was made available.
- The first beta of Valve's SteamOS was released and it is based on Debian GNU/Linux! Ars Technica posted an installation guide (sort of).
- A major update to Piwik was released in the form of Piwik 2.0. It features a brand new theme, a marketplace for plugins and themes, and the usual bugfixes.
- The KDE and the Xfce variants of Linux Mint 16 were released.
- 2013 marked the end of the bzip2 variant of the Linux kernel archive provided by kernel.org.