Yet another month passed by, and many interesting events took place during this period. Here are a few of the highlights of the previous month.
World of FOSS:
- A new project named Cockpit (under heavy development) will help you administer your servers via a web browser.
- The primary developer of musl provides an insight into the flaws of systemd.
- OpenRC now runs on Debian GNU/Hurd.
- Red Flag Linux, one of the older Linux distributions and with a focus on chinese users, meets its end.
- Wikimedia votes against MP4 support.
- tmux 1.9 was released, immediately followed by version 1.9a, which fixed a few unnoticed bugs.
- Kickstarter got hacked.
- In this blog post, IgnorantGuru hints about his background, talks about the importance of cryptography and also talks about the influence of Red Hat over the GNU/Linux ecosystem.