Taking an inspiration from Allan McRae, I have decided to come up with an Interesting Links type post myself. I will probably make such posts more than once a month, depending on how many interesting links I find.
Se let's begin with some Linux stuff:
- Debian 7.0 A.K.A. Wheezy was released earlier this week. I wonder when my VPS provider will provide updated images...
- hut of ranger fame has come up with a systemd killer named minirc. Well, not exactly a killer, but it seems to be a great choice for the minimalists. Yes mirror, I am talking to you.
- The first release candidate for Tails is out.
- Jekyll 1.0 released. It's a major release of Jekyll after a long time. But, I am sticking with Nikola.
- FEZ is finally available on Windows. Linux version to eventually follow.
- So, you find writing commit messages taxing? Fear not, this is here to help you.
From the world of security:
- If you think that a website is safe just because it flaunts a logo by a "reputed" security vendor, think again.